Things to Remember when you use ATM
Following are the things to Remember when you are using an ATM
- After completing an ATM or Debit transaction, remember to take your card and your transaction record
- Never disclose your PIN to anyone. You are the only person who should know it.
- When traveling it is advisable that you only take one ATM card and remember the PIN. Protect your ATM card from damage by keeping it in a safe place - don’t allow it to bend or be scratched.
- Memorize your Personal Identification Number (PIN) - if you want to write down your PIN, please do not keep it in your wallet, purse, or on the card itself.
- In case you lose your card - be sure to know the emergency phone numbers of your card issuer
- Make sure that anyone waiting to use the ATM after you should not see you entering your PIN.
- Cancel your transaction and leave immediately if you see anything doubtful. Confirm, as soon as possible, with your card company that the transaction was cancelled.
- If you are using an indoor ATM that requires your card to open the door, avoid letting anyone come in with you.
- Lock the car doors and roll up the other windows when you use a drive-through ATM.
- Do not leave your receipt behind - take it with you. Compare your ATM receipts to your monthly statement. It is the best way to guard against fraud and it makes record-keeping easier for you.
- If you lose your card, contact the company that issued your card immediately.